The Art and Science of Intimacy will give you new insights and research-based skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you manage conflict in a healthy, positive way.
Our curriculum is developed from scientific research gathered from today’s leading experts about relationships. It is grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not unrealistic or idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what marriage ought to be.
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved.
What You & Your Partner Will Take Away:
- Increase conflict management skills
- Foster greater intimacy
- Unhook from your triggers
- Enhance your understanding of repair and its significance for effective communication
- Process the aftermath of a fight
- Use Softened Start-up (new exercises to reduce defensiveness)
- Talk about current relationship issues like money and/or sexuality (tools to enhance these areas of your relationship)
- Create a safe place to open up and heal from what has been holding you back
- The tools you need to grow and lead the life you deserve
- Interactive games and exercises
- A no-nonsense approach to break barriers of communication
- Tools to move passed the hurts and hang-ups
- An avenue to reconcile and move past anger, resentment, bitterness and blame
- The three R’s of relationship
- Adaptability and Adjustment
- Discover a new way of listening that allows you to communicate effectively in any conversation, with freedom and peace of mind regardless of the conversation’s content
- Experience a dramatically increased level of effectiveness in situations in which you may have previously felt ineffective.
- Gain an ability to consistently have your conversations be proactive and possibility-based versus reaction-based.
- Find yourself able to create and/or restore harmony and affinity, at any time, under any circumstance.
If your relationship is already at a “10,” then we might not be able to help you improve it — but we can give you the tools to make sure you stay there. And, if you’re at a 7, 8, or 9 and striving for your best possible marriage, ASI will help you cultivate a deeper and healthier love than you might be able to imagine!
What does a relationship need to be a 10? How do you even get there? Do you know your partner’s love language? Do you know your own love language? Do you know what we mean by a love language? How often do you surprise each other with unsolicited acts of love? Do you sometimes get set off by little things and immediately regret your reaction? Do you know how to stop that? Relationship take work, but it also should be a joy!
Maybe sometimes your partner feels more distant than you’d like, and maybe sometimes you sense that things are being swept under the rug. They’re just little things, right? Learn how to face those issues before the little things accumulate into something big. Not only will this help you work towards a “10,” but it will help you prevent major issues in the future that could arise from a buildup of little things that you might be ignoring now.
You will learn healthy habits that give you practical tools to enhance your intimacy and open communication. Our program will ensure your relationship is set up for continued success regardless of life’s challenges.
Are You Really Hearing Each Other?
Good communication is the cornerstone to building and maintaining any healthy relationship. It creates a sense of intimacy that can be shared throughout a lifetime, and it’s nearly impossible for any relationship to thrive without it. Whether you would like to improve your conflict resolution or experience a deeper connection with your partner, you can achieve it through communication. Thankfully, it can be learned!
This course brings communication—the most basic phenomenon of our lives—from the background to the foreground, giving us access to the most powerful and useful tool available in this business of living.